If you are asked to provide information when using this website, it will only be used in the ways described in this policy.
This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email Julie@juliemillarcounselling.com
Julie Millar Counselling is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office, registration number ZA344440. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 the data controller is Julie Millar.
This site gathers and uses certain information about individuals in order to provide services and to enable certain functions on this website. Much of this data is collected by the web host to provide data for Julie Millar Counselling to better understand how visitors use this website.
Contact details you supply in the contact form are used by Julie Millar Counselling for the purpose of contacting you to arrange/rearrange/cancel an initial meeting or counselling sessions.
What data is gathered?
The following information may be gathered through this website:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
How this data is used
Collecting this data helps Julie Millar Counselling to understand what you are looking for, enabling me to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, data may be used:
- For internal records, including my responsibility to keep and maintain financial records
- To improve this website and services provided
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To send my blog to subscribers
Your data is protected by the General Data Protection Regulation. This gives you specific rights that are summarised below:
- be informed that data is collected and how it is used
- have access to data held about you
- rectify errors in this data
- have data about you erased
- restrict the processing of data held about you
- object to processing of your data
- have data about you passed on to a third party (such as another counsellor) when you request this
Further details about these rights, and their extent in law may be found on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/
You have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you feel your personal data has not been stored and/or used in accordance with the law. The ICO may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by phone on 0303 123 1113.
Cookies and how they are used
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables this website to identify your computer as you view different pages on this website.
How cookies are used on this website
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at http://www.AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
Cookies do not provide Julie Millar Counselling with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share.
Controlling information about you
Julie Millar Counselling will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties without your permission.
There are times when information you provide may need to be shared with a third party, for example:
- as part of my duty to protect a child, a vulnerable adult, yourself or the public
- for the prevention and detection of a crime
- for the assessment of any tax or duty
- if I am required to do so by any court or law
Julie Millar Counselling will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, Julie Millar Counselling has implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
Julie Millar Counselling has procedures to ensure work with all personal data is in line with the General Data Protection Regulation.
Links from this site
This website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that Julie Millar Counselling has no control of websites outside the juliemillarcounselling.com domain. If you provide information to a website link, Julie Millar Counselling is not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
This website privacy and cookies policy was last updated on 26/2/19.